with Tangerine Essential Oil
Whether for breakfast, brunch, tea, or dessert, these delightful indulgences are just the ticket. Great served warm for a holiday brunch!
Servings: 8 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 15-20 min Difficulty: Medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine zest
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¾ cup plus 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
- 1 tablespoon tangerine juice
- 3 drops Tangerine essential oil
For the scones:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture using a pastry cutter or fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add the tangerine zest and dried cranberries.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add ¾ cup of the heavy cream. Mix the dough together. It should have a slightly dry texture, but not crumbly. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream if the dough seems too dry.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for 1 minute. Form the dough into a round 1-inch thick, and use a knife or a pizza 4. cutter to cut the round into 8 equal wedges. Arrange the wedges in a round, but about 1 inch apart, on the baking sheet. Brush the wedges with 4 tablespoons heavy cream and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the scones are golden and the edges are lightly toasted.
For the glaze:
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, tangerine zest, orange juice, and tangerine essential oil. Drizzle the glaze on top of the warm scones.
Serve the scones warm for breakfast, brunch, tea, or dessert.
Cranberries: As far as healthy foods go, cranberries are at the top of the list due to their high nutrient and antioxidant content and are often referred to as a “super food.” Not to mention, half a cup of cranberries contains only 25 calories! The possible health benefits of consuming cranberries include lowered risk of urinary tract infections, prevention of certain types of cancer, improved immune function, decreased blood pressure and more.
Attribute: doTERRA Blog
Find more recipes using essential oils:
Where to Buy doTERRA Tangerine Essential Oil