Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 (10-ounce) bags potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups of raw spinach
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 drop Basil essential oil
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, onion, zucchini, and bell pepper to the pan and saute, stirring, over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until spinach starts to wilt.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, essential oils, and fresh herbs.
- Stir in gnocchi and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
Originally published Spring 2015 issue
Find more recipes using essential oils: Click Here