Plant Botanical Name: Nardostachys jatamansi
Plant Part: Roots
Sourcing Origin: Nepal
Spikenard is native to the high altitudes of the Himalayan Mountains. This essential oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries, traditionally used to anoint people of high honor. In ancient times, Spikenard was associated with wellness, sacredness, and spiritual healing. Historically, Spikenard has been used to calm the mind and uplift moods. As one of the most chemically complex essential oils available, it is highly valued still today around the world for its aromatherapy benefits.
HOW TO USE
- Diffuse Spikenard when you need assistance calming your mind.
- Put a few drops of Spikenard in the palms of your hands, cup your hands over your face, and inhale deeply for a calming sensation.
- Add a few drops to your warm bath for an extra relaxing sensation.
- If you are looking to relax for a restful night’s sleep, then apply a few drops of Spikenard to your feet or temples.
- When feeling stressed, dilute Spikenard with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage it into your temples and forehead.
- For a relaxing scalp massage, add 5 drops to your conditioner.
Spikenard has been used in perfume and in religious context in many countries for centuries
Where to Buy Spikenard Essential Oil
When shopping for essential oils, you’ll want to ensure that the oils you choose are pure and high quality, in order to yield the benefits that each oil holds. Each doTERRA essential oil, including Spikenard is responsibly sourced, tested, and produced in a way that guarantees a high quality grade.
The following video highlights doTERRA sourcing philosophy and methods used in growing and harvesting Spikenard in Nepal.
Many essential oils available for purchase contain filler substances and contaminants that weaken the purity and power of the oil. However, at doTERRA, we know that a pure bottle of essential oil has the potential to change lives; that’s why doTERRA’s mission is to provide essential oils that are highly effective and free of additives and harmful contaminants.
We guarantee pure essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol. This protocol includes a series of strict tests that ensure the essentials oils we sell are free from filler substances or impurities—making the doTERRA essential oils you purchase powerful and pure.
Spikenard Essential Oil Product Information Page: Click to download
or feel free to contact me.for a free consult.