With Wild Orange and Lemon Essential Oils
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Medium
Citrus & Herb Butter
4 drops Wild Orange essential oil
3 drops Lemon essential oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
For the Turkey
14–16 pound turkey, thawed
½ large orange, cut in two wedges
1 lemon, cut in quarters
½ large granny smith apple, cut in two wedges
1 garlic head, cut in half
5 sprigs of sage
5 sprigs of thyme
2 sprigs of rosemary
For the Butter
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together thoroughly. Set aside.
For the Turkey
- Preheat oven to 500° F
- Rinse turkey inside and out. Pat skin dry and place in a roasting rack inside a large roasting pan. Stuff the cavity of the bird with the orange, lemon, apple, garlic, and herbs.
- Tuck wing tips under the turkey.
- Use fingers to carefully loosen skin around the entire bird. Take ¼ of the butter mixture and rub it, thoroughly, under skin making sure to coat as much of the turkey as possible. Brush remaining butter mixture over skin, making sure to cover the entire turkey.
- Sprinkle breast and legs with salt and pepper and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Roast turkey on the lowest rack at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and insert probe thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. Cook until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Note: Cooking time depends on the size of the turkey.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let turkey rest for approximately 30 minutes before carving.
Where to Buy doTERRA Wild Orange and Lemon Essential Oils