Arborvitae Essential Oil Product Description
Native to the Pacific Northwest of the United States, Arborvitae is a majestic evergreen coniferous tree that is valued for its many unique benefits. The variety of chemical components found in Arborvitae essential oil makes it a must-have for wood preservation. Arborvitae has natural preserving properties that keep wood from rotting. Because of this unique preservation ability, Arborvitae is often used in woodcraft and for protecting wood surfaces.
The wood and natural components of Arborvitae are also recognized by Native Americans, who used it for making vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Arborvitae not only protects wood, but its organic elements also safeguard individuals against environmental and seasonal threats as an effective cleanser.
The essential oil produced from Arborvitae trees is ideal for using aromatically and topically for cleansing and purifying. Arborvitae oil also makes a great companion for outdoor activity as it acts as a natural insect repellant. With so many beneficial qualities and uses, there is no question as to why Arborvitae has earned the nickname “tree of life.”
Arborvitae Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Turn Arborvitae oil into a household spray with this easy do-it-yourself. Add a few drops of Arborvitae essential oil into a spray bottle and add water. Use this spray on surfaces or on hands. Arborvitae oil is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent. By incorporating this spray into your home, you can protect yourself and your family against seasonal and environmental threats while keeping your house fresh and clean.
- Do you love the great outdoors, but dislike the many bugs? You’re not alone. Bugs can turn an outdoor adventure into an uncomfortable situation. Make sure to avoid any discomforts that bugs may bring by packing Arborvitae essential oil for your next outing. Arborvitae oil is great for hiking and camping due to its chemical components—tropolones. Tropolones have chemical properties that act as a natural insect repellants. Because Arborvitae oil is rich with these organic chemicals, Arborvitae helps repel local bugs. For an enjoyable hiking or outdoor experience, apply Arborvitae essential oil to your wrists and ankles.
- Certain seasons can often bring unwanted creepy crawlies into the house. Don’t let those bugs get the best of you, use Arborvitae oil! Place a few drops of Arborvitae essential oil into a diffuser and let the warm aroma fill your house. Because Arborvitae is composed of many tropolones, the oil acts as a natural bug repellant. So while you enjoy the woody scents of Arborvitae, you can sit back and relax, knowing that the little critters are doing their best to leave your house in peace.
- Looking for ways to preserve wood? Try this essential oil mix with Arborvitae essential oil. Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative. The properties of Arborvitae work well as a preservative and can help protect wood from rotting. Because of the natural components of Arborvitae, the oil is often used in woodwork or in dealing with wood products to keep wood healthy, fresh, and preserved for long-time use.
- Arborvitae essential oil has the ability to inspire feelings of peace and calm. If you are looking for a great way to unwind after a long day, place a few drops of Arborvitae oil into a diffuser or rub a drop of Arborvitae oil onto your wrists to produce a sense of peace and calm. Additionally, using Arborvitae essential oil during yoga or Pilates can increase the effectiveness of your experience by inducing feelings of soothing relaxation. Diffusing Arborvitae essential oil can also help purify the air and provide a grounding aroma.
- Bring your furniture back to life with this DIY Wood Polish with essential oils. If you want to keep wood looking fresh and clean, it is important to invest in proper cleaning supplies and a good routine. One of the most effective ways to clean wood is by using a wood polish that is natural and free of any harmful chemicals. Many commercial wood polishes contain chemicals and artificial fragrances that can cause irritation or health problems when not applied with proper safety precautions. Follow the instructions to this homemade solution to create a natural wood polish that is free of harmful toxins. Add Arborvitae essential oil to this polish mix to help protect wood furniture from environmental threats and rotting. This polish will also help produce a fresh, healthy shine to wood. This DIY wood polish also works well with cleaning and preserving wood floors.
Wood furniture should only be polished every couple of months, but make sure to maintain the look and quality of your wood furniture by frequently dusting it or wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth. This will help to keep dust and damaging substances away from the wood and will help keep the wood from looking aged.
- Create your own musky outdoor cologne with Arborvitae essential oil. Arborvitae oil’s aroma is woody and warm and when combined with Cedarwood and Frankincense, provides an invigorating aroma, perfect for a fresh cologne scent. Using these oils together will create a great cologne for any occasion and will also produce a fragrance that uplifts and relaxes the senses.
Because Arborvitae trees have powerful resistance to decay and insect damage, large fallen Arborvitae trees can remain sound for over 100 years and even then their wood can still be salvaged for shakes for roofs and other commonly needed wood products.1
Arborvitae (Thuja plicata) is a needled evergreen that is commonly found around the Pacific Northwest. This tree is characterized by its reddish-brown bark, horizontal branches, and scaly dark green vegetation with upright brown cones. The Arborvitae tree can reach up to 100–200 feet in height and is known as the largest tree in the cypress family. The Arborvitae tree often lives to be 400–1000+ years old.2
Chemistry of Arborvitae Essential Oil
Main Chemical Components: Methyl thujate, methyl myrtenate, α-terpineol
One of Arborvitae’s main chemical components is Methyl thujate. This chemical has a monoterpene backbone with an ester functional group. Because of Arborvitae oil’s main chemical properties, it has a strong renewing effect.
Oils that Blend Well with Arborvitae Essential Oil
Arborvitae essential oil blends well with Birch, Cedarwood, Cassia, Cinnamon Bark, and Eucalyptus essential oils for diffusion.
Watch this video to learn about the sourcing of Arborvitae essential oil.
Where to Buy Arborvitae Essential Oil
When shopping for essential oils, you’ll want to ensure that the oils you choose are pure and high quality, in order to yield the benefits that each oil holds. Each doTERRA essential oil, including Arborvitae is responsibly sourced, tested, and produced in a way that guarantees a high quality grade. Click Here to access my online store or feel free to contact me.for a free consult.
Many essential oils available for purchase contain filler substances and contaminants that weaken the purity and power of the oil. However, at doTERRA, we know that a pure bottle of essential oil has the potential to change lives; that’s why doTERRA’s mission is to provide essential oils that are highly effective and free of additives and harmful contaminants. We guarantee pure essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol. This protocol includes a series of strict tests that ensure the essentials oils we sell are free from filler substances or impurities—making the doTERRA essential oils you purchase powerful and pure.
Arborvitae Essential Oil Product Information Page: Click to download
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.